AIPHES Equal opportunity and diversity activities
AIPHES identifies itself with the goal of equal opportunities in science and has committed itself to the research-oriented gender equality standards of the DFG.
The most relevant aspects of diversity are the attraction of female and international researchers, empowerment of women in research (including the motivation to go for leading positions) and the development of a discrimination-free working atmosphere that ensures a stable work–life balance.
AIPHES has established a set of support measures to achieve these goals, among them:
- equal opportunity workshop on data driven journalism for schools organized by female AIPHES members and research students
- further education workshops for female AIPHES members to foster their networking, communication and argumentation skills
- individual and group coaching for female AIPHES members at all career stages
- travel support for female AIPHES members to participate in female networking events at major conferences of the field
- specialized workshops for all AIPHES members to increase awareness of gender- and diversity-related issues, e.g. training in unconscious bias