IRG position “NLP for the Humanities”
Steffen Eger currently holds the Independent Research Group (IRG) leader position “NLP for the humanities”. The name of the group headed by Dr. Eger is “Natural Language Learning Group” (NLLG).
Find more and current information on my personal web page: steffeneger.github.io
Focus areas of NLLG are Evaluation metrics for Machine Translation and Summarization; Poetry (Generation); NLP for Social Sciences; and Cross-lingual and Cross-temporal NLP.
Supervised PhD theses
- Wei Zhao 2018-2021. Towards human-level natural language generation.
Supervised Bachelor / Master theses
Within the IRG position, I am or have been supervising theses on the following topics:
- sentiment conditioned poetry generation
- multilingual probing for sentence embeddings
- unsupervised neural poetry translation
Currently open theses include (but not limited to):
- Evaluation Metrics for Machine Translation and Summarization
- Deep Learning for Poetry Evaluation and Generation
- Deep Learning for Semantic Change Analysis
Just contact me if you are interested in this or similar topics.
Current publications can be found here
- WS2020: FOLT
- WS2020 (Seminar): DLDH
- SS2020: DL4NLP
- SS2020: DASP (Softwareprojekt Datenanalyse für natürliche Sprache)
- SS2020 (Seminar): Meta-Science
- WS2019 (Seminar): Deep Learning & Digital Humanities
- SS2019: Deep Learning für Natural Language Processing
- Selected topics in Deep Learning for Natural Language Processing Royal Holloway, Invited Talk, 2019
- Controlling Style in Machine Generated Poetry. Plotting Poetry III, Nancy, 2019.