Many cryptographic services allow to ensure security goals, such as confidentiality, authenticity, or integrity, only for a limited amount of time. In the research area Long-Term Security, we are concerned with developing cryptographic methods to provide security over a long period of time.
In particular, we are concerned with:
- Long-term storage of confidential data (e.g., in the Cloud)
- Long-term archival (e.g., of signed documents)
- Information theoretic security
- Cryptographic primitives for long-term security
- Since 2015-02 Prismacloud – Privacy and Security Maintaining Services in the Cloud
- Since 2014-10 Long-Term Secure Archiving (SFB CROSSING)