Tiemo Bang M.Sc.
Office: S2|02 D111
- Adaptable Database Architectures
- Scalable and Robust Database Performance
- Emerging Hardware Platforms
I am a very inquisitive person and embrace the unknown, which is why I love research.
I welcome very open discussions on current research and also general hot topics.
My research focus is robust scalability with the goal of making data management performance more reliable and efficient on NUMA platforms. For my doctoral research, I pursue design techniques that make a single DBMS design easily amendable to undetermined platform scales and future hardware generations, which I conduct in a joint research project with SAP.
Personally, a cup of proper coffee always brightens my day and I enjoy road biking with friend and colleagues.
So, if you like to discuss robust scalability or any other research topic of your interest over a good coffee, shoot me an email or stop by my office.
Below you can find material accompanying my publications, e.g., authors version of the papers, slide decks of talks.
- CIDR'21: AnyDB: An Architecture-less DBMS for Any Workload [Paper] [Slides] [Talk Recording]
- DaMoN@SIGMOD'20: The Tale of 1000 Cores: An Evaluation of Concurrency Control on Real(ly) Large Multi-Socket Hardware [Twitter] [Paper] [Slides] [Talk Recording]
- SIGMOD'20: Robust Performance of Main Memory Data Structures by Configuration [Paper] [Slides] [Talk Recording]
Anzahl der Einträge: 4.
Bang, Tiemo ; May, Norman ; Petrov, Ilia ; Binnig, Carsten (2021):
Hilprecht, Benjamin ; Binnig, Carsten ; Bang, Tiemo ; El-Hindi, Muhammad ; Hättasch, Benjamin ; Khanna, Aditya ; Rehrmann, Robin ; Röhm, Uwe ; Schmidt, Andreas ; Thostrup, Lasse ; Ziegler, Tobias (2020):
Bang, Tiemo ; May, Norman ; Petrov, Ilia ; Binnig, Carsten (2020):
Bang, Tiemo ; Oukid, Ismail ; May, Norman ; Petrov, Ilia ; Binnig, Carsten (2020):