Data Management Lab & Extended Lab
Participants independently solve alone or in a small group an individually a given problem. The problems are usually programming projects inspired by the research performed at the Data Management Lab.
Possible areas are:
- Scalable Databases & Modern Hardware
- Cloud Databases & Blockchains
- Interactive Data and Text Exploration
- Natural Language Interfaces for Databases
- Scalable Systems for Machine Learning
In this lab the students will realise a project defined by their advisor. Compared to the “Data Management – Lab”, the “Data Management – Extended Lab” requires more effort.
Due to the current COVID-19-situation, all teaching activities will be completely online: courses will be either given as live stream (with recordings) or as video lectures (offline recordings). The detailed setup for each course regarding the organization will be announced on the Moodle website of each course. Please follow the links to Moodle.
|Last offered||Summer Semester 2021|
|Advisors||depending on project|
|Examination||You are graded based on your project results and final presentation (plus report for Extended Lab)|
Kickoff Meeting: Wednesday 14.04.2021 at 15:20 (online). The link will be announced in the Moodle course.|
See TUCaN links above for additional information
- After discussion with your advisor: Familiarization, based on selected project and implementation of an individualized work plan
Recommended literature include:
- Depends on individual project