General questions regarding studies

Which information do I have to submit with the doctor's note?

Information about these questions can be found on the homepage of the Examination Office.

Do I have to sign up for my courses?

Yes. Since the launch of TUCaN signing up to all your courses is required.

Do I have to sign up for my exercises?

Yes, unless something different is announced by the lecturer. Signing up will be most likely done via Moodle or TUCaN.



Do I have to sign up for the examinations?

Yes. Signing up for the examinations via TUCaN is required.



Where and how can I sign up for my examinations?

Signing up for your examinations takes place via  TUCaN. Important informations and a german guide for the registration can be found on the homepage of the Examination Office.

Where and how do I have to register or submit my thesis?

Informations about registering and submitting your thesis can be found on the homepage of the department.

Where can I look up the registrations to my examinations?

The dates and confirmed registrations to the examinations can be looked up via TUCaN.

Where and how long can I unregister my examinations?

Unregistering can be done via TUCaN until eight days before the examination takes place without giving reasons. Afterwards unregistering is only possible if you can provide some evidence for health reasons or similar serious reasons. This has to be done in written form via the Examination Office. There are some changes regarding the doctor's notes since the introduction of the new general implementation terms of the TU Darmstadt in the winter term 2012/13. Informations about the changes can be found on the homepage of the Examination Office.


Where and how can I register for pre-drawn master courses?

The rules for pre-drawn master courses are the same as for the regular courses. They have to be registered in the correspondent area in TUCaN.

How do I use TUCaN?

Instructions and more information can be found on the information pages for students in TUCaN.

Do I find the additional courses in my report?

No these additional courses cannot be found in the report. But you are able to print an official transcript including these additional courses at the Office of Study Programs and Examination.

Student Advisory Service

S2|02 Piloty Building
Hochschulstraße 10

Dipl.-Inform. Tim Neubacher 
Room D115
Dr.-Ing. Guido Rößling 
Room A125 


OrientationAPP for new students


no news in this list.

A A A | Drucken Print | Impressum Impressum | Sitemap Sitemap | Suche Search | Kontakt Contact | Website Analysis: More Information
zum Seitenanfangzum Seitenanfang