FAQs for Incomers

What happens if I missed the deadline for registering exams in TUCaN?

Please write a letter addressed to the Dean for Student Affairs. Explain why you were not able to register for the exams and list the exams you like to register.

How can I get the CP (ECTS) of a course?

The CPs are available in TUCaN. There you will find "Hours per week". To convert Hours per week to CP you have to compute the following: CP = Hours per week * 1.5 (rounded up). Please note that in a few cases this conversion is not valid but for most courses it works. As an example assuming the course has 5 Hours per week, the CPs are computed by: 5 Hours per week * 1.5 = 7.5 -> 8 CP.

How are grades measured at the TU Darmstadt?

The grades are measured in the German system which operates as follows:
1.0 (best grade)
4.0 (worst grade with which you still have passed the course)
5.0 (not passed)

How many courses should I attend in a semester?

Usually a full time study plan has 30 CP per semester. But be careful: You need to get familiar with the system employed here at the TU Darmstadt and maybe you have to attend language courses which both take some time. As a result, consider to attend less courses than 30 CP. However, from our side there are no regulations in any way.

How are academic achievements given at the TU Darmstadt?

The workload of all courses is given in ECTS Credit Points. One Credit Point (CP) corresponds to a work duration of 30 hours.

Which courses are allowed to attend?

From our side you are completely free in your choice. If you like to attend courses from other departments, please inform yourself whether or not you are allowed to attend.

Student Advisory Service

S2|02 Piloty Building
Hochschulstraße 10

Dipl.-Inform. Tim Neubacher 
Room D115
Dr.-Ing. Guido Rößling 
Room A125 


OrientationAPP for new students


no news in this list.

A A A | Drucken Print | Impressum Impressum | Sitemap Sitemap | Suche Search | Kontakt Contact | Website Analysis: More Information
zum Seitenanfangzum Seitenanfang