Student Research Assistant
Development of HPC Scheduling Software ent of HPC Scheduling Software
The Laboratory for Parallel Programming is seeking a student research assistant for development in the context of Slurm, a widely used job and resource manager for HPC systems. Slurm is deployed on many supercomputers at the top of the TOP500 list. This work contributes to a large European research project and offers opportunities to get familiar with a large open-source code base and also contribute code to the upstream project.
The position offers:
- Development in a large open-source project
- Professional software engineering
- Working in an international team
- The option to prepare for a bachelor’s or master’s thesis
The ideal candidate will have:
- Two years of experience in computer science or a related discipline
- Programming practice in C
- Familiarity with UNIX-like system environments
- High motivation and the ability to work effectively with others
- Knowledge in resource management (optional)
The work location is Mornewegstr. 30. The candidate should be available for the position for at least 6-12 months. The number of hours per week is negotiable.
Please send your application documents electronically, including your CV and records of your academic performance, to Petra Stegmann.