Student Research Assistant (HiWi)
Student Research Assistant for the Development of Parallelization Toolchain
The Laboratory for Parallel Programming is seeking a motivated student research assistant for maintaining the code base of our parallelization toolchain named DiscoPoP (Discovery of Potential Parallelism). Our tool helps programmers to identify potential parallelization opportunities in their sequential code and suggests parallelization strategies. We plan to publish DiscoPoP under open-source license. The task will involve the application of best software-engineering practices, including unittesting, continuous integration, etc. Continuous integration process.
• Refactor the code base to meet the required standards
• Document the code and prepare a user manual
• Write unit/integration tests to ensure the correctness of the toolchain
• Deploy a continuous integration server
• Contribute to the code base
• Programming in C/C++ and Python
• Linux command-line skills
• High motivation and ability to work effectively with others
• Experience with software engineering and familiarity with parallel programming is a plus
The work location is Mornewegstr. 30. The applicant should be available for the position for at least 6-12 months. The number of hours per week is negotiable.
Please send your application documents electronically, including your CV and records of your academic performance, to Petra Stegmann.