In this year’s workshop, we were happy to accept two interesting papers:
- A Silver Bullet? A Comparison of Accountants and Developers Mental Models in the Raise of Blockchain. By Rose Esmander, Pascal Lafourcade, Marius Lombard-Platet, Claudia Negri Ribalta.
- Balancing trust and privacy in computer-mediated introduction. By Angela Borchert, Nicolás Emilio Díaz Ferreyra, Maritta Heisel.
In addition to these papers, we hosted a panel with three international, interdisciplinary experts:
- Ass.-Prof. Ben Wagner (WU Vienna, Information Systems)
- Ass.-Prof. Stephen Marsh (Ontario Tech University, Computer Science)
- Dr. Stefan Schiffner (University of Luxembourg, Computer Science)
The panel was driven by the question "Mobile devices and data in the focal point of individual self-determination and government control”. We discussed many different aspects of the status of the privacy regulations and policies with respect to individual self-determination and government control. The discussion was very lively and insightful, and shed the light on different challenges and limitations in the current legal and technical practices to tackle the users’ privacy concerns and increase the awareness towards the risks.