Practical Lab on System and IoT Security
- Date: Oct. 17th, 2019, 10:30
- Location: Building S4|14, Mornewegstr. 30, room 3.02.6
In this practical course, the students deal with different aspects of (mobile and IoT) system security. The projects target operating system security in general. They comprise the following areas:
- System programming in general
- Design and implementation of selected software attacks
- Design and implementation of secure applications
- Modifications of and Experiments with Linux kernel based systems
Students who want to participate in the course should
- have solid knowledge of OS concepts/architectures
- be familiar with programming and debugging in C/C++
Actual programming experience on low-level system components or embedded platforms on the OS-level are not a prerequisite, but definitively an advantage.
The programming tasks are solved in teams of 2-3 students. At the beginning of the course, a kick-off lab-session is given to present the topics. The participants are required to form teams of 2-3 students.
At the midterm of the semester, each team has to hand in a short progress report and at the end of the semester a concluding lab-session is held in which every team has to shortly present its work/results.