Comic Actors CA (= on-screen characters) not appealing today for:
- online help (see MS office)
- software visualization (soon boring)
Rather, useful for:
- avatars: represent remote humans
- agents: represent remote SW (may spend your € / $ !)
Microsoft Office Agents
- interact with user
- represent local SW
- animation/action pre-compiled
- for expert use
TK Comic Actors
- interact with user, SW-GUI (click menue, drag, …) & one another (exchange object…)
- represent Internet events
- compiled at runtime based on events
- for expert and standard user
ComicActors: How to Build?
draws character (frames)
builds state transition
in reality: much more complex!
- alternatives / parameters (cf. walk)
- cooperation / interaction
- real time!