- boom of multimedia data usage
- production of multimedia data by great numbers of users
- insufficient on-hand data storage concepts
- unmanagable data chaos without new approaches
Sources of Data
- human memory: basis for a new approach
- highly efficient data managament
- trade detail for completeness
- providing semantic structure for data
- iData: intelligent data
- combining conventional data, links to other data, metadata (modality, origin, fidelity etc.)
- calculating its own relevance, redundance etc.
- using decision mechanism based on metadata and context/intention
- dynamic data able to adjust own complexity/ structure to situation
- tool able to handle large amounts of data without user control
- autonomous decisions what to store, which modality to choose etc.
- UI making BioStore’s actions transparent for users
The BioStore project is completed. Its results were in part transferred to industrial project partners (SAP), in . part published as PhD thesis
Some of the findings were also included in the chapter about bio-inspired approaches of the “Research Handbook Ubiquitous Computing for Real-Time Enterprises” edited by Max Mühlhäuser and Iryna Gurevych.