This lab course will introduce the students to new, emerging technologies which are becoming the basic building blocks of the next generation of Internet services, e.g., P2P, Semantic Web, Web 2.0, and mobile technologies. Through practical exercises students will learn how protocols and technologies of the Internet and the WWW work and implement them in practice.
This semester, the students will act as a small software company that wants to sell a product, and the teaching staff will be their customers. The project will encompass a mix of android and web development. The development process will underly a scrum-process for the development up until the finished product. This should be fun!
Among others some projects of previous lab courses were for example:
- Building mobile applications (e.g., context-aware music player)
- Building a semantic discussion forum
- Building a chat system
- Implementing the remote desktop protocol
- Designing Social Interactive Internet TV
- P2P networks
- Implementation of Web-based learning applications
At the kick-off meeting of the lab course, details about each project and grading procedure will be presented.