Lin Wang, Ph.D.
work +49 6151 16-23194
fax +49 6151 16-23202
Office: S2|02 A109
- 2017.12: Our DFG-NSFC (2018-2020) proposal on edge computing has been approved.
- 2017.11: One paper got accepted to IEEE INFOCOM 2018.
- 2017.11: One paper got accepted to ACM SAC 2018.
- 2017.11: One paper got accepted to Modellierung 2018.
- 2017.11: TPC Member for IEEE ICCCN 2018.
- 2017.10: TPC Member for KuVS Fachgespräch Fog Computing 2018.
- 2017.09: TPC Member for IEEE/IFIP NOMS 2018, IEEE ICC 2018, HotPOST@INFOCOM 2018.
- 2017.08: Papers got accepted to IEEE GLOBECOM, IEEE ICPADS, IEEE LCN.
- 2017.04: Papers got accepted to IEEE ICDCS and HotPOST@ICDCS.
I am a Senior Researcher, head of the Smart Urban Networks research group in the Telecooperation Lab (TK) at TU Darmstadt. Before joining TK, I was a Research Associate at SnT Luxembourg. I obtained my Ph.D. in Computer Science with distinction from the Institute of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy of Science. During Sep 2012 – Jan 2014, I was a visiting researcher at IMDEA Networks Institute in Madrid, Spain, supervised by Prof. Antonio Fernandez Anta. I am a member of IEEE and ACM. My Erdös number is 3.
- Mobile and edge computing
- Data center networks
- Software-defined networks
- Green computing and networking
- [INFOCOM] Lin Wang, Lei Jiao, Ting He, Jun Li, Max Mühlhäuser, “Service Entity Placement for Social Virtual Reality Applications in Edge Computing”, IEEE INFOCOM, accepted.
- [ICDCS] Lin Wang, Lei Jiao, Jun Li, Max Mühlhäuser, “Online Resource Allocation for Arbitrary User Mobility in Distributed Edge Clouds”, IEEE ICDCS, Atlanta, GA, Jun 2017.
- [ALENEX@SODA] Michael Stein, Karsten Weihe, Augustin Wilberg, Roland Kluge, Julian M. Klomp, Mathias Schnee, Lin Wang, Max Mühlhäuser, “Distributed Graph-based Topology Adaptation using Motif Signatures”, SIAM ALENEX@ACM SODA, Barcelona, Spain, Jan 2017.
- [TPDS] Kai Zheng, Lin Wang, Baohua Yang, Yi Sun, Steve Uhlig, “LazyCtrl: A Scalable Hybrid Network Control Plane Design for Cloud Data Centers”, IEEE Transactions on Parallel Distributed Systems (TPDS), vol. 28(1), pp. 115-127, 2017.
- [ICNPW] Lin Wang, Lei Jiao, Dzmitry Kliazovich, Pascal Bouvry, “Reconciling Task Assignment and Scheduling in Mobile Edge Clouds”, IEEE ICNP Workshops, Singapore, Nov 2016. (Best Paper Award)
- [JSAC] Biyu Zhou, Fa Zhang, Lin Wang, Chenying Hou, Antonio Fernández Anta, Youshi Wang, Jie Wu, Zhiyong Liu, “HDEER: A Distributed Routing Scheme for Energy-efficient Networking”, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (JSAC), vol. 34(5), pp. 1713-1727, 2016.
- [ICDCS] Lin Wang, Kai Zheng, Baohua Yang, Yi Sun, Yue Zhang, Steve Uhlig, “LazyCtrl: Scalable Network Control for Cloud Data Centers”, IEEE ICDCS, Columbus, OH, Jun 2015.
- [ICDCS] Lin Wang, Fa Zhang, Kai Zheng, Shaolei Ren, Zhiyong Liu, “Energy-efficient Flow Scheduling and Routing with Hard Deadlines in Data Center Networks”, IEEE ICDCS, Madrid, Spain, Jun 2014.
- [JSAC] Lin Wang, Fa Zhang, Jordi Arjona Aroca, Kai Zheng, Chenying Hou, Dan Li, Zhiyong Liu, “GreenDCN: A General Framework for Achieving Network Energy Efficiency in Data Centers”, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (JSAC), vol. 32(1), pp. 4-15, 2014.
- Guest Editor, CCF Transactions on Networking (ToN), special issue on edge computing
Organizer or TPC
- 2018: IEEE ICCCN, IEEE ICC, IEEE/IFIP NOMS, HotPOST@INFOCOM, KuVS Fachgespräch Fog Computing
- 2017: IEEE/ACM DS-RT, HotPOST@ICDCS, ACM IMC (Shadow)
- 2016: CloudCom Ph.D. Consortium (TPC Chair)
- IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (JSAC)
- IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS)
- IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing (TCC)
- Elversier Future Generation Computer Systems (FGCS)
- Elversier Performance Evaluation (PEVA)
- Oxford The Computer Journal
Conference External Reviewer
- ACM PODC, ACM SPAA
- IEEE INFOCOM, IEEE PerCom, IEEE ICDCS, IEEE ICCCN, etc.
- TK1: Distributed Systems and Algorithms: WS16/17, WS17/18
- TK Seminar: Edge Computing Architectures