The interdisciplinary Research Center “Digital Humanities” offers a new empirical basis for digitalized, research-relevant content. This creates a foundation for scientific-methodical advances that have not been possible before. The central focus of the LOEWE is the creation, evaluation and implementation of analysis- and annotation procedures for historic and modern corpora. This data from various humanities and cultural divisions should be critically investigated, concerning the effects on the participating disciplines.
The Research Center itself is divided into several research areas: Historical corpora, contemporary corpora, archives and picture-picture/text associations. UKP Lab leads the research area “Contemporary Corpora”, which is of special interest to computational linguists. Further information about the projects in the research area “Contemporary Corpora” can be found here.
- Johann Wolfgang Goethe-University, Frankfurt a. Main
- Freies Deutsches Hochstift
- Frankfurter Goethe-Museum
- Dr. Sabine Bartsch, Principal Investigator, Institut für Sprach- und Literaturwissenschaft
- Prof. Chris Biemann, Principal Investigator
- Prof. Dr. Iryna Gurevych, Principal Investigator
- Prof. Dr. Gert Webelhuth, Principal Investigator, Institut für England- und Amerikastudien, Goethe-University Frankfurt
- Dr.-Ing. Torsten Zesch, Principal Investigator
The LOEWE Research Center “Digital Humanities” is funded by the Hessian excellence program “Landes-Offensive zur Entwicklung Wissenschaftlich-ökonomischer Exzellenz” (LOEWE).
Further information: http://digital-humanities-hessen.de/.