Visual Search and Analysis
The group activities comprise research and teaching in the area of Visual Analytics, Information Visualization and Visual Information Retrieval.
We combine interactive visualization with data analysis techniques for decision making. We develop new visual-interactive techniques for
- Data search and exploration
- Data analysis
- Data presentation and publishing
We deal with large and complex data sets such as
- graphs (e.g., social networks, financial networks, protein interactions, transportation networks, …)
- movement data (e.g., in transportation, emergency analysis,…)
- various biologic and medical data (e.g., organ models, proteins, phylogenies, high-throughput data,…)
- time series (e.g., temperature, financial data, earth observations,…)
- multivariate data (e.g., screening data, socioeconomic data,…)
- 3D models (e.g., humans, industrial components, …)
Our application areas include digital libraries, meteorology, finance & economics, biology, transportation, emergency management, security, or sociology.
The teaching in the area of Information Visualization, Visual Analytics and Information Retrieval involves
- lectures and seminars in the area of information visualization
- bachelor theses, master theses and praktikas
We cooperate with various research institutes, public and industrial companies. If you are interested in cooperation with us, please contact Tatiana von Landesberger.