In this project, we present a novel device concept that features double-sided displays which can be folded using predefined hinges. The device concept enables users to dynamically alter both size and shape of the display and also to access the backside using fold gestures. We explore the design of such devices by investigating different types and forms of folding and propose a set of interaction principles and techniques.
Recommended external content
We have selected external content from YouTube for you and would like to show it to you right here. To do this, you must reveal it with one click. You can hide the external content at any time with another click.
Media \ Press coverage
- Bild Newspaper
- NewScientist: Double-sided touchscreens changes when you fold it
- Engadget German: TU Darmstadt zeigt Konzept eines doppelseitigen, faltbaren Displays
- Freshinfos: Double-Sided Foldable Touchscreen Concept Looks Brilliant
- Physorg: Fold-it computer action set for Canada conference
- Dvice: Double-sided, foldable touchscreens should be the future of books
- TEST: FOLDABLE DISPLAYS DEMAND NEW USER EXPERIENCE DESIGN
- Dr. Mohammadreza Khalilbeigi
- Dr. Roman Lissermann
- Wolfgang Kleine
- Dr. Jürgen Steimle