Prof. Dr. Iryna Gurevych
Name: Iryna Gurevych, Full Professor, Dr.
- Director, Ubiquitous Knowledge Processing (UKP) Lab
- Primary Appointments: Dpt. of Computer Science (FB 20), Technische Universität Darmstadt (TUDA);
- Secondary Appointment: Inst. of Languages and Literature Studies, Dpt. of Historical and Social Sciences, TUDA
- Coordinator: Interdisciplinary Research Priority “Knowledge Discovery in the Web” (WeRC) at TUDA;
- Associated with the Leibniz-Institute for Educational Research (DIPF), Frankfurt am Main
Phone +49 (6151) 16 – 25290
Fax +49 (6151) 16 – 25295
Office S2|02 B 110
TU Darmstadt – FB 20
Strong background in lexical-semantics, resources and algorithms, and innovative applications of language processing to social sciences and humanities, including online publishing and educational research. Iryna Gurevych is Founder and Principal Investigator in:
- AIPHES: the DFG-funded Research Training Group “Adaptive Information Preparation from Heterogeneous Sources”, Spokesperson
- KDSL: the Graduate School “Knowledge Discovery in Scientific Literature”, Director
- CEDIFOR: the BMBF-funded Centre for the Digital Foundation of Research in the Humanities, Social, and Educational Sciences, Co-Director
- Detailed information about Iryna’s activities can be found through the respective links in the frame to the left of this text.
- If you are a young researcher or a student in computer science or Natural Language Processing committed to cutting-edge research and team spirit, consider joining UKP.