Welcome to the Ubiquitous Knowledge Processing (UKP) Lab
The UKP Lab was founded in 2009 by Prof. Dr. Iryna Gurevych and is part of the Computer Science Department at the Technical University of Darmstadt. UKP carries out cutting-edge research in natural language processing (NLP) with a strong emphasis on machine learning, textual semantics, novel problems and task definitions, argument mining and innovative applications of NLP to social media, social sciences and humanities, and the Web.
- Iryna Gurevych was elected as VP-Elect of the Association for Computational Linguistics and will start her term on the ACL-exec on January 1st, 2021.
- Iryna Gurevych is Co-Director of the European Lab’s for Learning and Intelligent Systems (ELLIS) NLP program involving the top European academics in Machine Learning.
- Centre for the Digital Foundation of Research in the Humanities, Social, and Educational Sciences (CEDIFOR), a long-term research center led by Iryna Gurevych and Jost Gippert (Univ. of Frankfurt).
- DFG Research Training Group GRK 1994: Adaptive Preparation of Information from Heterogeneous Sources (AIPHES), a multi-PI, six-year Graduate School led by Iryna Gurevych.
- National Research Center for Applied Cybersecurity ATHENE, the largest research center for cyber security and privacy in Europe. Iryna Gurevych is PI of the missions SenPAI – Security and Privacy in AI and SeDiTraH – Secure Digital Transformation in Health Care.
- Decision-Making Support by Means of Automatic Argument Extraction from Large-Scale Text Data (ArgumenText), former BMBF-funded UKP project, now with an EXIST Business Start-up Grant and Iryna Gurevych as a scientific advisor.