You need to hand in a medical certificate when you are sick that documents the begin and end of your illness. It also has to state that you are unable to attend exams! (in German: Prüfungsunfähigkeit)
The medical certificate has to be submitted to the Examination Office of the Department of Computer Science after three calendar days. The Examination Office is allowed to request the medical certificate beforehand.
Please list the following information when you hand in your medical certificate:
- Matriculation number
- Name and date of the exam(s)
How you can hand in your medical certificate:
- Personally at the Examination Office of the Department of Computer Science (Room D117)
- You can drop the certificate in the white letterbox next to the Examination Office
- by postal mail
- In order to keep the deadline, you can also submit your medical certificate online. Please note: the original medical certificate has to be handed in as soon as possible.
Examples for deadlines
|Examination Date (Date of Medical Certificate)||The Examination Office must receive your medical certificate stating the inability to attend the exam on|
If the closing date is a public holiday, the medical certificate has to be handed in on the following weekday.
- Backdated medical certificates cannot be accepted without justified reasons!
The exam took place on 13th February. The medical certificate has been issued on 15th February.
The inability to attend exams has been certified by a doctor for the time period from 25th January to 14th February. Because the medical certificate has been backdated (15th February), the Examination Office cannot accept the certificate without justified reason(s).
- You will be excused from all the exams which are taking place during the time period of your attested illness.
- If you wish to attend an exam despite of your medical certificate stating that you are unable to attend, the exam's result will be valid!